Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Buck Downs—Three Untitled Poems

I guess I must
suppose I put
myself in place
of the screaming
girl cicle singing out
call the doctor
or dig me out,
out of this forehead
out of this mess at
at least two removes
there are too many
answers to how long
are you gonna be
anyway ? living
in the used record-
and-tapes as if another
heavens to betsy
is waiting to come out.








money and its inversions
men die for the lack of
no, they do not die for
anything at all, trust me.
now I am getting smashed
up front w/it in the crowd
where there is no quick
end to the surge of the flow
going home sick to wish
for a clock that wont tell
them when to go home.








going off on five kinds
of search for the active
ingredient. I have lost
my direction & everyone
knows it. when a lovely
flame dies, they say smoke
gets all in your clothes,
hair, and I cut my hair
but I couldn't cut my clothes.


_______________________________



Buck Downs is an independent writer and self-publishing consultant who lives in Washington, D.C. His latest book of poems is YOU CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF WHAT YOU REALLY DON'T NEED, available at www.buckdowns.com.


No comments:

Terrence Folz Reading From "Bunt Burke"

  Terrence Folz's chapbook  Bunt Burke will appear from The Circulatory Press in August 2021. The above film features him reading some o...