Monday, November 10, 2014

Oolong Tea

by Ted King

Sleeveless and Braless,
the underside of her
left breast revealed the site
of the incision.

Her forever reminder of
that particular war.

With two soft fingers
I touched the scar.
The scar which, to me,
only added to her beauty.

She did not move,
save to close her eyes.

Her hand curled into a fist
as she inhaled a memory
and then relaxed as she
exhaled forgiveness.

Homage paid,
I withdrew my touch.

She opened her eyes.
Smiling, she said
“I think I'll make a cup
of Oolong Tea.
Would you like some?”

______________________

Ted King is a widely published Jazz Poet and Performer.




No comments:

Terrence Folz Reading From "Bunt Burke"

  Terrence Folz's chapbook  Bunt Burke will appear from The Circulatory Press in August 2021. The above film features him reading some o...