Friday, July 16, 2021

Terrence Folz Reading From "Bunt Burke"

 











Terrence Folz's chapbook Bunt Burke will appear from The Circulatory Press in August 2021. The above film features him reading some of the poems in the book. The launch reading is scheduled for Saturday, September 11, 2021, at 1:30 pm at Burnes Park in Hopkins, MN. We will have a picnic beforehand, starting at one. If you come to that, please bring a salad and BYOB, no alcohol.

Jake Reeds (Jefferson Hansen) and Christine Jaspers will also read, and there may be one more featured reader. There will also be an all-inclusive open reading period. All are welcome to participate. For more information, see The Circulatory Press website.

________________________________

This is the last post on The Altered Scale Blog, and marks the end of The Altered Scale project, which has run on and off since 2012. I am shutting down because my current work circumstances make a robust Internet presence impractical. I need to move on. My new project is The Circulatory Press. I have already published two micro pieces, one copy of Dancing Stick Figures and 11 copies of Hazy — Minneapolis, July 2021, both by me. I am known as "Jake Reeds," my ghostly alter-ego, in my association with The Circulatory Press. Jake Reeds is a ghost, mere squiggly marks on the page, that some say arrive through pure thought, without writing or typing, like a spiritualist painting that leaps from the paint directly onto the canvas through the medium not of paint brushes but mental focus. 

But this could be untrue. I heard it on a Zoom call, during a pandemic.

I am sorry to see AlteredScale go, but it is impractical to keep my editing and publishing focus web based. Thank you to all the artists who have participated over the years. I have always tried to be a good editor, and I did my best to support and publicize the work of artists I believed in. The Altered Scale Blog will remain up on the Internet indefinitely.

Cheers,

Jefferson Hansen

No comments:

Terrence Folz Reading From "Bunt Burke"

  Terrence Folz's chapbook  Bunt Burke will appear from The Circulatory Press in August 2021. The above film features him reading some o...