Thursday, December 6, 2012

Love Letter to Iggy Pop

by Jefferson Hansen


             written while listening to “The Passenger”

Fuck you,
Iggy.
Where are you a passenger?
In a limousine?
You’re a rich, rock star.
You ride in such things.
Then get all angsty
and alienated about
it.
Me, I’m never a passenger.
I never feel like I see things made “for you and me.”
I drive in that rusted
heap in that
oily parking lot
out my window.
I write this on an envelope.
I use computers at
the library
which I take the bus
to because I cannot afford
to pay for parking there.
Oh, I know the apocryhon.
That David Bowie found
you toothless and homeless in
L.A.—or something like that.
I know you suffered.
You probably still do, in some ways.
But you ain’t toothless
or homeless, now.
You’re rich.
And being angsty.
And alienated.
So,
fuck you, Iggy.

Love,
            the fictional construct that wrote this poem

                        With Sincere Love and Admiration for All You Do, You Fellow Midwestern
                                         Factory-Town Boy,

                                                Jefferson Hansen, author

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Jill

Jefferson Hansen said...

Jill,

But I I I I thought I was being so so so serious.

J

Terrence Folz Reading From "Bunt Burke"

  Terrence Folz's chapbook  Bunt Burke will appear from The Circulatory Press in August 2021. The above film features him reading some o...