Thursday, October 17, 2013

oh, the grey haze

by Jefferson Hansen

             the plans went awry
when facing the grey
     haze of duty
         I have a job
   but I must pro
                      crastinate, must
             because writing calls me
away from grey
      to tourquoise
         to the play of vermilion
   the dance of words
       arising from the click
          of fingertips
  makes me happy
    now
& that's the way I want to be
       now
so, in honor of that feeling I say
     oromoropoly & thorumphree
  oh, yes, I say
           umphrodim & tredolup
      as carnelian waxes
  toward slate
slips into sienna
        disperses,
     arises in cyan
my fingertips entertain me
    form
          the pulse & pull
     the shift & shimmy
         of purple
   gone
peru
    mauve to maroon
  minkelup to
        perstrumint
     wikstrom without
             wipworth
down the drastic
             drum
     & line lazing
  a way across
       the page
            this, now, is the life
   I guess


    thanks for listening
fun's over
      &, now
          hopefully
                     to work

No comments:

Terrence Folz Reading From "Bunt Burke"

  Terrence Folz's chapbook  Bunt Burke will appear from The Circulatory Press in August 2021. The above film features him reading some o...