Thursday, June 3, 2021

CecePaintings

 




_________________________________

Cece is a 28-year-old nonspeaking autistic who loves to paint. From what I can tell, and I am her father, she is much more concerned with process than product. The act of painting in layers seems to soothe her, give her pleasure, and delight her. The above paintings are her more recent. Since COVID began, she has not had access to her usual facilitator or studio. Some of her earlier paintings are more complexly layered because she painted them under more ideal circumstances. But these give you an idea. All these paintings are for sale, and all proceeds go to buying more painting supplies for Cece. You can see more of Cece's paintings at her Facebook page, CecePaintings.

This is the third post in three days that concerns Cece. A couple days ago, I posted a poem she wrote using Facilitated Communication. Yesterday, I posted an essay by me in tribute to both her group home workers and, indeed, all group home workers, including me. I worked in group homes from 2012 to 2017, sometimes as a full-time job.

No comments:

Terrence Folz Reading From "Bunt Burke"

  Terrence Folz's chapbook  Bunt Burke will appear from The Circulatory Press in August 2021. The above film features him reading some o...