Tuesday, April 18, 2017

light 23 by John M. Bennett

bury a TV in the beach a
cor ner juts up yr belt a
knot sweats be side the
lake such swell balls
roll down the sand

ice and ham a
drunk leg twit
ches next the soup
your fist the dark
end sky

dust and foam yr
mou th ud ders c
lock of wind a
neck pulsed be
neath the bed

I named my hand I
clouded in my face
was storm of gnats a
a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
lighter clenched between my teeth

the sticky cheese I d
rank the milk d
ripping from the bulb


…window rotting at the far end of creeks…
- William S. Burroughs

_____________________________________

John M. Bennett's most recent books include Liber XOlvidosMirrors Mascaras, and La chair du Cenote.  

No comments:

Terrence Folz Reading From "Bunt Burke"

  Terrence Folz's chapbook  Bunt Burke will appear from The Circulatory Press in August 2021. The above film features him reading some o...